Monday, February 29, 2016

Chalk painted frame redo

I painted my master bedroom about 2 years ago from a light blue to a chocolate brown color.  The windows are large and even with a lot of natural light coming in, I'm still on the fence about the dark brown color.   I'm always drawn to light colors, but thought I would try something totally different.  Can't make up my mind if I like it or not.

  Maybe with some pops of white here and there, I may start coming around to the brown color more.  I'm trying to work with what I've got, but I definitely need some white in there.  ASAP

So starting with the walls....

I picked up this dark gray frame from the thrift store.  Sorry for the dark photos










It's actually plastic, not wood,  but I loved all the pretty details.  And it already had two sawtooth hooks in the back ready to hang.   

A quick spray  of Heirloom White changed the whole look.







This was the chalkboard that was inside the frame.   I hope this couple are together and still in love.:)

 Since the idea is to put light colors on the wall, I am going to use beadboard.

  Using the chalkboard as a template, I grabbed my jigsaw and some scrap beadboard from the garage.    My scrap wasn't wide enough to fit inside the frame, so I had to cut two skinny pieces and place them side by side.    



I brushed on a light coat of a creamy white paint that was also from a leftover project.  When that was dry, I lightly distressed the beadboard and placed in the frame.



Behind that, I squeezed in the chalkboard.  It was a snug fit which was really helpful.  It not only kept my beadboard in place, but one day I may use this as a chalkboard and everything will be right there.



A teeney hook in the center holds a muslin wreath that I made ages ago.

A little white on the walls is making me feel better already.













No comments: